SBE 3 - the full redesign of our venerable Super Black Eagle platform. With carefully considered insights from our pro-staff and veteran hunters, Benelli design engineers have spent nearly 10 years in development with a focus on three areas of critical importance to the serious waterfowler: Improved ergonomics, intuitive, flawless functionality and an updated design, style and feel for the latest in modern waterfowling reliability that's all about the end game: Absolute superiority in the most unforgiving conditions.
All the amazing attributes that made the Super Black Eagle 3 America's favorite 31/2-inch chamber shotgun are now also available for southpaws in a firearm specifically engineered for those who shoulder firearms on the left side. Choose either a Realtree® Max-5™ camo pattern or a black synthetic stock.
Combtech & Comfort Tech 3
- Comfort Tech™ was the first of its kind. By splitting the stock diagonally and utilizing shock-absorbing chevrons, the entire stock was essentially turned into a recoil pad. This chevron system, now 13 years old, is still the most efficient design possible, and was the basis for the SBE 3 stock. The chevron size and location has been optimized on Comfort Tech 3. Furthermore, Benelli engineers have developed a new cheek comb pad, Combtech, which greatly reduces facial impact and vibrations.
- The hallmark of Benelli strength and reliability, our clean-burning Inertia Driven System never requires adjusting, cycles consistently in conditions that border on the unfair and easily handles everything from light field loads to 3½" magnums. From a cleanliness and speed perspective, gas systems simply cannot compete -- whereas Inertia-Driven Benelli shotguns are known to fire 500,000+ rounds and still function without flaw.
Oversized Bolt Handle & Safety
- A larger bolt release and safety, along with an outward angled drop lever make the SBE 3 quicker and easier to operate-even with gloved hands.
Benelli's Crio System Technology
- Cryogenic physics has revealed steel changes at the molecular level when cooled to -300° F. When a Benelli barrel is cryogenically treated, all the stresses caused by hammer forging are relieved and the surface of the bore becomes more even-grained. The result is a slicker surface offering less resistance to wads and shot charges.With smoother, more uniform surfaces, Benelli Crio® barrels deliver superior patterns and stay clean longer.
Easy Locking Bolt System
- Versatility without compromise: having a shotgun with a 3½" chamber does not mean you always have to shoot the powerful stuff. The SBE 3's patented locking mechanism is designed to work flawlessly with all shotgun loads -- from light clay loads to the ultimate goose-busters.
Easy Loading System
- A beveled loading port, redesigned carrier and a new two-piece carrier latch have all been incorporated into the new Super Black Eagle 3 to make loading the magazine effortless.
- During loading, only the front section of the Easy Loading System's two-piece carrier latch actually moves, allowing shells to slide up easily with minimal tension or possibility of jamming.
- Grooves in the loading port help you guide shells in without having to take your eyes off incoming birds. The new, beveled loading port also features a wider design to help funnel shells toward the magazine, a must for gloved hunters.